Saturday, March 21, 2009

Kinda, but not really

It's not really green. I swear. So far I'm pretty happy with the way it is turning out. Just wish it was going a little faster. One of the wall cabinet carcasses is done as well. Still need to pick out the tile. Better get on that...

Monday, March 9, 2009


Re-did the plumbing for the hot and cold to the kitchen sink cabinet. I almost got away with reusing all of the parts for the new hot/cold lines but the tool for taking off the old PEX rings didn't fit into the fittings. Then after installing the cabinet up against the wall I realized that the cabinet actually needed to be a 1/4" to 1/2" an inch away from the wall on that side to due to a dip in the wall. Not sure how that is going to happen now. At least the valves are compression joints instead of soldered on. So tomorrow I get to spend half the day reworking what I spent all of yesterday doing. Well not all, I goofed off a lot yesterday. The other thing I've got to figure out is how to keep the wash tub that we have been using for a sink connected. Once the plywood for the counter is put on there isn't a whole lot of room. Maybe the sink will have to be hooked up after putting the plywood and cement board down in the same day. Wow, it's time to pick out the tile for the counter!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kitchen ho!

The dishwasher isn't really green, that's just the protective cover. The cabinets are progressing pretty well. So far I've about $350 invested in the cabinets. I'll need about $100 more to finish them. Maybe even less since I already bought all of the hardware. A lot of time will be invested in the project though. Just staining the face frame for the cabinet that is in has taken almost an hour and the job is only half done. I really don't want to be shopping for a house in the summer. I'm hoping that the kitchen will be done 'enough' soon so that I can start shopping for a rental.