Thursday, December 25, 2008

Stands

Since most people have the past two days off of work it has been pretty slow. That gave me a chance to play with Google SketchUp and make some plans. Since the stands that go with a washer and dryer are outrageously priced I decided to make my own. These are pictures of the carcass, there is also a drawer and the front will be white melamine to match all the other white in the room. It's going to be unbearable in there. The stands are done except for the melamine drawer fronts.






They are made out of 3/4" birch plywood. They are joined with biscuts and the lower rails are reinforced with screws. A fully loaded washer weighs less than 300 lbs. so me and the gf got on one and rolled it around. That's when it became evident that the screws would be needed for the lower rails. Someday soon I hope to be doing laundry on top of 'em.

No comments: